Kitchen Geeks products are for home chefs, professional chefs, and anyone else who wants quality products in their kitchen.
How To Care For A Chef Knife
Wash it by hand (NEVER put it into a dishwasher) and dry it immediately by hand – don’t let it dry on its own. Why? Water drops can dry and cause pitting on the blade, which will weaken the blade over time.
Store it in the original box to protect the blade from getting damaged, getting dull, or accidentally cutting someone.
How To Properly Hold And Use A Chef Knife
How To Sharpen A Chef Knife
All Kitchen Geeks knives arrive razor sharp and ready to use, but over time they will dull as you cut.
Sharpening devices NOT to use:
- A typical round steel sharpening device included with many knife sets. Why? You can’t correctly set the exact angle for each side with each stroke.
- Powered knife sharpeners (unless you’re trained to use one). Why? They can wear away the blade incredibly fast or completely damage it.
Sharpening devices you SHOULD use:
- A knife sharpener that sits on your counter and you pull the knife through. The sharpening components typically cross each other and give you the exact angle every time.
- A knife sharpening service near you – just search for “knife sharpening service” on Google or Yelp and you’ll find them. They cost more than doing it yourself, but your blade will be factory sharp every time.
How To Clean Our Bottom Release Fat Separator
This has 3 major parts and is very easy to take apart.
- Lift off the strainer
- Hold the clear base firmly and use your other hand’s fingers to grip the top of the black piece where you just lifted off the strainer.
- Twist it left to unscrew it from the clear base.
- You now have all three pieces that are ready to clean.
We suggest washing everything by hand if possible.
If you must put pieces in the dishwasher, then do not put the piece that you unscrewed with the stopper gasket into the dishwasher.
You need to prevent damage to the black stopper gasket (sits inside the cup) that opens and closes to keep liquid in or let it out. If this stopper gasket is scrubbed too hard with abrasives manually or from harsh detergents in a dishwasher, then it can potentially leak.
How To Use Our Bottom Release Fat Separator
Wash it by hand before using it for the first time, but if you must use a dishwasher – be sure that it’s on the very top shelf away from the heating element.
Once you’ve washed it, we suggest testing the fat separator by pouring approximately 1 cup of water into the base and then adding a few tablespoons of vegetable or olive oil to the top.
Please the separator over your sink, hold the separator in your hand, and depress the red button on the handle. You should see only the water come out, but the oil will come out after the majority of the water has been emptied.
When you’re ready to use this after cooking and you need to strain vegetables or other large items, be sure to insert the strainer on the top before pouring the liquid and items into the fat separator.
Step By Step
- Ensure the mesh filter is laying on the top of the fat separator
- Make your broth or gravy
- Use a ladle or pour it slowly over the mesh filter on the top
- Wait for the liquid to settle
- Place a pot or large bowl on your counter or table
- Hold the fat separator over the pot or bowl
- Press the large red button and release it when you start to see the oil get close to the bottom.
How To Use Our Bottom Release Fat Separator
Wash them thoroughly or use the dishwasher before using them.
Step By Step
- Place your eggs, milk, or other liquid in an appropriately sized cup or bowl
- Place the mixing end of one of the whisks into the cup or bowl
- Press down on the handle (the mixing end spins when doing this)
- Hold the handle and allow it to come up (the mixing end spins the other direction when doing this)
- Repeat this same motion over and over until you have the desired results
PARCHMENT PAPER SHEETS
How To Use Our Parchment Paper Sheets
Step By Step
- Open the box using the perforated area
- There is a protective covering around the parchment paper, so simply tear the top to allow access to the sheets
- Pull one sheet out
- Place it in the pan or use it for one of the many other things you can do with parchment paper
Uses for parchment paper
- Baking cakes, cookies, vegetables, pizza, and more
- Roll it into a cone and use it to pipe frosting
- Roll it into a cone and serve french fries or other goodies
- Cook En papillote (French – means enveloped in paper)
Do NOT do these with parchment paper
- Do not use near an open flame such as a gas broiler
- Do not use in a toaster oven or other device that has the potential for the parchment paper to touch a heating element (can catch on fire)
- Do not use it in anything that’s over 450 degrees
How To Use Our Vacuum Sealer
Food: (Dry / Moist）
Touch “Food” to choose “Dry” or “Moist” working mode.
Mode: (Normal / Gentle）
Touch “Mode” to choose “Normal” or “Gentle” working mode.
Seal: Touch “Seal” to seal the bag. The sealing time is approximately 5 to 10 seconds.
Vacuum & Seal: Touch “Vacuum & Seal” for vac-sealing package. The working time is less than 25 seconds.
Stop: Touch “Stop” to cancel working anytime to control the process.
Making a bag (Seal only)
1. Using scissors, cut enough bag material from the roll to hold item, plus 4 inches. Be sure to cut straight. Place one end of the bag in the front of the vacuum sealer making sure that the end is fully past the heat wire and close to the yellow dotted line.
2. Close the cover by pressing down both left and right edge of the vacuum sealer lid to lock into place. You should hear two click sounds to confirm the lid is closed properly
3. Press the Seal button.
4. When the Seal light turns off the sealing is complete. Press the release buttons and lift the lid.
5. Now you are ready to vacuum seal with your new bag.
1. Place desired foods or items in bag, allowing at least 4 inches of the space between bag contents and top of bag.
2. Open appliance lid and place open end of the bag into the vacuum chamber. Close the lid properly by pressing on both left and right sides.
3. Press “Mode” button to choose “Normal” or “Gentle” as you need. And then press the “Food” button to choose “Moist” or “Dry” as you need.
4. Press the “Vacuum seal” button to begin vacuum and sealing process. Motor will continue to run until bag is fully vacuumed, then will automatically seal.
5. The light will switch off when it is ready.
6. Press the release buttons on both sides, lift the lid and remove bag. Refrigerate or freeze if needed.
Important Note: Vacuum sealing is not a substitute for refrigeration or freezing. Any perishable foods that require refrigeration must still be refrigerated or frozen after vacuum sealing.
If you have any questions or need additional help, please use the Contact Us form here: https://kitchengeeks.com/contact-us